A day in the life of cuckoo head...
Who could be mad at that face??
I think this boy is going to be the end of me! I've decided that all the doors need to be closed and Ian needs to be shadowed all day...which means I don't get anything done. Here's how our morning went:
While Lizzie and I were getting ready, Ian decided he needed deoderant, which he has an obsession with. He tried both drawers in my bathroom and then I shut the door so he couldn't get in, but soon he came in to my room asking for a drink. Only when he got close enough to smell did I realize that he had put some Old Spice deoderant that Mckay had hidden away -- obviously not well enough -- on his lips. No wonder he was thirsty.
In the few moments left before Lizzie had to go to school, he also found a pen out of the kitchen drawer and brought it into my room, along with Lizzie's piano book. He then sat down and intended to color in it. Fortunately he was kind enough to sit by us before proceeding with his art project. (We've had similar experiences recently with permanent markers left out accidently that didn't end so simply.)
After running our errands (The mall smelled like vomit! It was horrible!), Ian carried my box of eye drops quickly into my bathroom and put them on the counter. Then he quickly opened the drawer and pulled out two chapsticks and ran off with them. He ran back moments later, then took off down the hall again. After a few minutes, I went to check on him in the family room, where he was happily taking inventory of his stash...4 tubes of toothpaste, 3 chapsticks, and Dillon's travel kit. I confiscated everything and closed all the doors to anywhere. Then, we went into the kitchen and got a piece of bread to munch on. He wanted to play with pots and pans, so I let him sit on the floor with a spoon and a large pot and lid, while he ate his bread. I began to do my church stuff on the computer, then went in after a few minutes to see how his soup was coming...
...I found him covered in liquid dishwasher detergent and about died. Somehow he had gotten the locked door open under the sink and had decided to "wash dishes." He had the dishrag and had put about a cup of dishwashing detergent into the bottom of the giant pan. It was all over his pants and shirt and hands, so I wisked him away to the bathroom and threw him into the tub. While in the tub, he dumped out the entire bottle of shampoo. Blast that boy and his helpfulness. After cleaning everything up, I called poison control where I decided that he would be fine, whether he swallowed anything or not. His clothes were bleached instantly by the detergent so I'm grateful that he didn't get any of the acid inside of him (if he did, I think it would have been immediately apparent).
At lunch, he refused to eat his sandwich, but instead decided that it needed to be frosted with yogurt. I am happy to report that he is now asleep...thank heavens.
I'm sure the day won't end without him being soaked in water again when he pulls a chair up to the sink and insists on helping wash the dinner dishes. He may also climb up on top of the piano trying to assert himself and demand a turn. He may also shred up the mail left sitting on my bed...again. At least I'm sleeping well these days so I have a little bit more energy to keep up with him!!
Wow I commend you. I don't think I could keep up with all of that and still be sane. You are awesome!
ReplyDeleteWhat a busy guy! Luke has had some time to think things over in his crib lately while I take a time out for myself instead of strangling him Homer Simpson style.
ReplyDelete