A Few of My Favorite Things...
1. Who couldn't love those kids?
2. I got out the garden tools and cleaned out 1/3 of my flower beds yesterday. Now I can see the tulips trying to poke their heads through! I LOVE preparing my garden in the springtime. It is SO therapeutic for me!
3. I love spring time and fall time...maybe because that's when yardwork is the most enjoyable?
4. I love doing laundry and tomorrow is laundry day, so there's so much anticipation already!
5. My sister is getting married next month (hooray for Katie!) and because I'm so cheap, I have decided to make a dress for Lizzie. Despite the fact that I have too many balls in the air already, I am really looking forward to the challenge of sewing something beautiful. I don't do it enough and my quilting has taken a back burner to motherhood lately, so it will be a good teaser.
6. I love shopping for grocery bargains (see the aforementioned cheapness in #3). I enjoy going through the grocery ads and planning out the cheapest way to get what we need. There is nothing that gives me a greater high than going to Smith's and seeing that they've marked down a gallon of milk to $1 because it will expire in 2 days. Sometimes I wonder if this addiction is healthy....at least I'm not buying new clothes!
7. I love making bread...cooking in general, actually. (I'm a dabbler, remember -- see previous post -- so I'm not expert at it, but I find great satisfaction in it.) I've recently found great joy in the fact that I can successfully make a wheat bread recipe of Marjorie Hinckley's. I aspire to be as polished and refined as her, and sadly fall short in many ways...but at least I can make her bread.
8. There are so many others to list...but this song sums it up:
YouTube - My Favorite Things
Do share Marjorie Hinckley's bread recipe! I love my mom's but I'm always up for new!
ReplyDelete