Having a little bit of fun...
I was apparently going crazy with school being out and needed something to put my creative energy into...so I played a great joke on Lee. He had been whining because we didn't have any more AA batteries and his electric toothbrush was dead. I hate paying more than I should for things, so I refused to buy them til I went to Sam's Club and told him I'd get them eventually. (Plus, is it really that hard to brush your teeth with a normal toothbrush for 2 or 3 days??) Anyway, to bug me, he said, "Never mind. I'll just pick some up at Maverick." His comment got the reaction out of me that he wanted. I said something like, "You'd better not. That's a waste of money." So, I finally made it to Sam's Club the next day, and picked up the biggest pack of AA batteries they had, which cost $17. Then, I came home and found a logo for Maverick convenience stores, and crafted myself a receipt. I left it under the gigantic package of batteries in the bathroom and laughed and laughed all evening after he figured out that it was a joke. I got the reaction that I was hoping for! I know it's the stupidest thing to put my energy into, but sometimes, a good laugh is the perfect therapy.
Very creative! Did he even notice?
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely! He couldn't believe I had gone against my penny-pinching predisposition and actually bought them at Maverick. But, what really gave it away was the item description...
ReplyDeleteI'm putting this in my brain reserve. Toooooo fuuuuuuunnnnnny! Sometimes I wish I could find the humor in things. This may just get me kick-started!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome!
ReplyDeleteI know. It was sooooo funny!
ReplyDelete