Pie N Ear Day and other celebrating

For Pioneer Day, we celebrated by eating Pizza pies (which we BBQ'd on the grill!) and ears of corn, then we had "handcart" races afterward.

Here's a sampling of the handcart races


I went out to give Copper some water and found this lovely serpent practically guarding the cage. Needless to say, I shrieked, quickly backed away, and attached the water bottle elsewhere. Can you imagine how freaky it would have been to step on it if I hadn't seen it?? My mom says she's never coming in our backyard again...should I tell her we have snakes in the house, too? We enjoyed riding the tram and hiking at Solitude with my mom and dad. I think this captures everyone's personalities very well. Later on in the week, the kids decided that Ian made a good hospital patient, so they bandaged him up and he enjoyed every minute.
Dillon, Mckay, Lizzie, & Sam at Lagoon
It is 9pm, this is Ian's third time on the Carousel, and he is VERY tired...

Comments

  1. When you said you were having Pie 'n ears I imagined something along the lines of banana cream pie and ears. Pizza never crossed my mind, though it probably makes a better dinner! Looks like great fun. We may borrow your idea next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative! We killed that snake's cousin on our hike up the Y. I hate, Hate, HATE snakes! I may never come in your backyard again either. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Family Makes My Heart Happy

Longest Summer Ever

DOGS HATE ME!!