NYC Highlights
Sam and I spent Fall Break in NYC, doing as much as we could squeeze in. We've been planning it since spring and almost everything went off without a hitch! Here's some of the highlights:
I love people watching in Time Square. Notice the lines on both sides of these steps for discount theater tickets. We just walked into the theaters and got great cheap seats!
Ready for Wicked!
From the Empire State Building at night. I loved this picture because the neon lights from Time Square are reflecting pink off the buildings in the distance.
We started off Day 2 at the Manhattan Temple. Very neat.
This is Sam with the doorman at FAO Schwartz, where we had fun exploring for over an hour.
I love this picture because it shows how truly wet we were this afternoon. We went all the way up to the Guggenheim and then I made Sam walk all the way back down along Central Park ("Mom, please can we stop walking? I'm cold and my feet have blisters..."), past the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and back to Madison Avenue, where we met Sara for her lunch break.
We looked SO out of place at DKNY where Sara worked. ($200 for a belt, anyone?) I am sure they were embarrassed for us to be sitting there waiting for her. Look how wet Sam's pant legs are.
We were on the 4th row at Phantom of the Opera. This picture doesn't show it well, but that grey covered item in front is the stage. It was so awesome!

Chinatown. After Chinatown in San Francisco, I wasn't so impressed with New York's. Though we laughed hard at the most commonly heard question, "Handbags?" Do we really LOOK like we care about purses??
Seeing Van Gogh's "Starry Night" was almost a religious experience for Sam. Definitely a highlight for us at the MOMA.
It was such a treat to visit with Ritika. She insisted on standing between us to accentuate how short she is. How grateful I am for good friends.

I couldn't resist this fetal position photo. This is our cockroach infested room at the Ramada JFK, which we didn't plan on staying in, but ended up there because of the complications we had getting home as planned. What a nightmare, but the memory (thankfully) fades as we are back home in our routine again, happy to have been blessed with such a great opportunity to go on a trip together.
I couldn't resist this fetal position photo. This is our cockroach infested room at the Ramada JFK, which we didn't plan on staying in, but ended up there because of the complications we had getting home as planned. What a nightmare, but the memory (thankfully) fades as we are back home in our routine again, happy to have been blessed with such a great opportunity to go on a trip together.
That looks like it was so much fun! So did you see Phantom and Wicked? Lucky you, either way.
ReplyDeleteLooks like fun and you'll never forget it!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had fun.
ReplyDeleteSam, don't sleep on the top of hotel bed!
What a fabulous trip! It sounds like the stuff of legends! Hurray for adventures and great stories.
ReplyDelete