Guys Dig Chicks With Skills
I just have to share the happiness I feel because I finally changed a tire from start to finish yesterday. I got in the van to meet Lee for lunch and the front tire was completely flat -- driving on the wheel hub. I hitched a ride to the restaurant, since I would be late if I dealt with the tire first. When I got home, I jacked up the car and took the tire in (ended up having to buy a new one, as it was slashed in 8 places...very strange), and then put the new tire back on later on last night. It made me feel proud as I have always watched someone else do it and felt like I could probably do it if I HAD to. I try not to let on that I can do so much as Lee would probably be happy to sit back and let me take over all the manly jobs, but I felt pleased with myself all day for being able to take care of the tire! Simple pleasures!
I might add (to the tune of "I'm a Woman!"), that in between taking care of the car, I also managed to cook up a Chinese Buffet dinner for 16 people for Lee's birthday last night, took Sam to her Jazz Band auditions, pampered my husband for his birthday, and did a boatload of dishes after it all. Oh yeah...beat that, men.
I might add (to the tune of "I'm a Woman!"), that in between taking care of the car, I also managed to cook up a Chinese Buffet dinner for 16 people for Lee's birthday last night, took Sam to her Jazz Band auditions, pampered my husband for his birthday, and did a boatload of dishes after it all. Oh yeah...beat that, men.
You are a rockstar! Tell Lee Happy Birthday for me.
ReplyDeleteI've always told you how amazing you are! Now you know it too!
ReplyDelete