My passionate extremes

Sometimes our passions are a blessing, like how I am a go-getter and a problem solver and this enables me to accomplish great things.

Sometimes they are a reprieve from the world, like how much I love wandering through Thanksgiving Point Gardens and soaking in the beauty, or how I love staring at the lush green rocky mountain range as I drive around the valley.

Yet, other times I resent my passionate tendencies because they encourage me to say things with more emotion than I should...which inevitably I regret. Like what I said to the school principal today.

It has been said of me, "That Lisa...you never know what she's thinking..." Said sarcastically, of course. Just once, I should surprise people and not let them know.

But, then again, they might not recognize me without my words tumbling out before me!

Comments

  1. I do the same thing. I envy the people who can think before they speak. It's something I always am working on doing better!
    P.S. I hope you are being driven around the valley whilst staring at said mountains! :) crazy driver!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everyone does this at some time or another. Life hands us plenty of humbling experiences- most of which we notice in our own selves more than any one else ever sees in us. Does that make sense? I'm grateful for people willing and able to be more vocal than me because I'm most to content to just sit back and keep my mouth shut. Then, I regret later not having said something. Can't win, can we! The world's a beautiful place because of our different strengths.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or when your husband decides to follow his passion which doesn't bring home a grain of rice, let alone bacon!

    I wouldn't change a thing about you. I wish more people said what they feel and think. Sometimes I feel like we are a bunch of zombies trying to impress one another with our so-called independence.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Family Makes My Heart Happy

Longest Summer Ever

DOGS HATE ME!!