Goblin Valley -- the best so far
We've been to Goblin Valley 3 times, as a family, and a few other times with scouts or father and sons outings. We were supposed to go over spring break, but it was snowing so we wisely opted out. So, we were talking about it with some friends in our neighborhood and decided we needed to go there together. I don't know whether it was because my kids are that much older (and I'm therefore not toting anyone in a backpack); or because everyone (mostly) had a buddy to hang out with; or because we explored things a little differently than we'd done them before; but, it was the most fun I've ever had at Goblin Valley. The weather was perfect. The camping was free. We got to hike further into Little Wild Horse Canyon than we did before. Here are some of my favorite pictures:
Mckay, in the distance
Happy girls
No trip would be complete without exiting or entering the cave of death.
Our picnic cove. We gave Jeff a hard time about his beverage choice. Not appealing!
The sand looked so cool after all the rain they had the week before.
This is Ian walking away from our campsite. I love that he insisted on wearing his shirt backward.
On our hike in Little Wild Horse Canyon, Ian had to stop to "die" occasionally, because he was so tired.
Waiting for the slowpokes to catch up.
I loved the narrow canyon walls!
Ian just kept plugging along. He wore himself out hiking up with his friend, and was low on energy on the way back.
It was good that Ian hiked back with Lee for most of the time, because I couldn't bear it and finally carried him for part of the last little bit.
So glad you all had fun. I'm thinking I want no part of whatever Jeff was drinking!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun trip! Never been there and probably never will. Not much for hiking in this group! Ditto to Shannon's comment on Jeff's drink! :)
ReplyDelete