"I'm a Mean Old Witch with a Hat..."

Lizzie didn't believe that those words in the title are really a song. I'm the song personified tonight. Maybe it's because these days I hate Halloween. Maybe it's because I spent the entire day running to and fro and accomplishing nothing. Maybe it's because having a Halloween party 4 days before Halloween, requiring everyone to show up in costume and be fed sugar, makes me hate Halloween even more. Maybe it's because I didn't realize it was my friend's birthday, and therefore did nothing for her. Maybe it's because I got the email I expected from someone who read the news coverage about the balloon release for Red Ribbon Week, claiming we were irresponsible ecological terrorists. Maybe it's because I'm tired of being a single mom (I know...I'm a wimp...it's only the 3rd day).

But, on the bright side: the snow melted AFTER Ian played in it; Dillon took 3rd place in the race he ran; Lizzie's costume looked cute for the first little while BEFORE it fell apart; I didn't complain about the Halloween party to EVERYONE I talked with tonight; and I got to talk to my best friend before he went to bed (yes, I'm talking about my husband!).

In a few days this will all seem insignificant, but for the next little while, "You'd better watch out or I might scare you. I'm a mean old witch with a hat. Boo!"







Comments

  1. If I could get rid of one holiday it would be Halloween. I was actually very glad that Erica had an orchestra concert tonight and I could avoid the party. How's that for being non-festive?! Sleep well. Everything looks better in the morning. (Oh, and I still like you!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Family Makes My Heart Happy

Longest Summer Ever

DOGS HATE ME!!