No man is an island...but everyone needs one.

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I wanted to express my gratitude for one of the simple things of life that brings me joy. Sure...I adore my husband; I love my kids; I'm grateful for painfree days; But, I have felt giddy recently over the simple pleasure that has come from my new kitchen island. We ordered the counter unit for our anniversary, months ago. Then we took forever deciding on a counter top. Then we took forever attaching the counter top to the base. Then it took a few more days to attach the back trim and kick plate. However, just in time for Wednesday's "pie day," Lee put the finishing touches on and it is officially ready. And, oh how glorious it was to have 50% more counter space than before! How did we ever survive the last 14 years?

Comments

  1. Beautiful! Wish I had room for one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! It does look beautiful, but I can't wait to see it in real life...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Family Makes My Heart Happy

Longest Summer Ever

DOGS HATE ME!!