20 years ago

20 years ago, I would have shrieked with delight if Ty Detmer passed me on the trail to the Y. Yesterday, I just pointed excitedly after he walked past....with his teenage daughter. OK. After he was gone, I shrieked a little.

And 20 years ago, I wouldn't have been afraid to go to a class reunion. Mine is tonight and I find myself terrified to go. I have built up so many negative emotions about my high school years that I don't want to subject myself to it again. But, as Sam reminds me, I can do hard things. And so, I am forcing myself to go and be brave and smile and pretend that I am not still extremely insecure!

I hope that I have improved in other more noticeable ways over the past 20 years -- aside from a slightly greater level of maturity in regards to BYU football icon sightings. Maybe my head of grey hair will give me some credibility.

Comments

  1. Hope you have fun tonight. I bet it's more fun than you imagine. I can't speak from experience, though, as I've never been to a class reunion of my own. Ever. I went to my grandparents 50th class reunion once when I was visiting them for the summer. It involved lots of people thinking I was cute and sweet and fishing for crawdads in Lake Tahoe with chicken legs. That was great fun for a 10-year-old! Sam's right, you can do hard things (ask to borrow her camp shirt!) and sometimes they're not as hard as we think. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Shannon. I think you're awesome! I haven't been to any of my reunions either, and there have been a lot of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you rocked that reunion. You are fabulous. If they didn't see it then, I bet they saw it at the reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So how was it? Mine was on July 30 and I survived just fine. I still felt a little out of place, but that's probably due to the fact that I went alone (not by choice). It was nice to see many classmates and remember.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, it was so awesome to see you and Lee (and Sam) at the reunion. I was glad you came to the Friday night shin-dig, it made it worth it for Mali and me to show up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Family Makes My Heart Happy

Longest Summer Ever

DOGS HATE ME!!