Bragging Rights
Every once in awhile, I have a desire to do something new and hard that Lee claims is not worth trying. OK. This has happened only twice in 18 years of marriage. The first time was when I insisted we needed to hang a quilt in the basement do dull the echo -- so I made one (I'd never tried quilting before and it was a tricky pattern I chose). And the other time was this week when I tried making croissants.
We developed a passion for croissants when we lived in Pittsburgh and could get them at the Farmer's Market every Saturday. They are never quite the same purchased in bulk from the grocery store. The recipe said they took from 10-24 hours, depending on whether you cooked them right away or left them overnight to cook in the morning. I went with the 10 hours and they were done just in time for dinner. I should have taken a picture of our faces as we snarfed them down, one flaky layer at a time.

And, just for fun, here's the only picture I could find of my finished quilt -- or a portion of it, behind Dillon at his 3rd birthday party.
We developed a passion for croissants when we lived in Pittsburgh and could get them at the Farmer's Market every Saturday. They are never quite the same purchased in bulk from the grocery store. The recipe said they took from 10-24 hours, depending on whether you cooked them right away or left them overnight to cook in the morning. I went with the 10 hours and they were done just in time for dinner. I should have taken a picture of our faces as we snarfed them down, one flaky layer at a time.
And, just for fun, here's the only picture I could find of my finished quilt -- or a portion of it, behind Dillon at his 3rd birthday party.
Seriously? I'm super impressed by both of these photos! I've never attemped either of these projects! You're awesome as always! Just curious, when did you have the hand removed from Dillon's head? Obviously after his third birthday. :)
ReplyDeleteGood for you! They look delish!
ReplyDeleteThey look yummy! I made Lasagne for the first time in my life today and am pleased to say it was good...especially since I used the spaghetti sauce I canned myself...well, half that and half prego. But it was good.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE LOVE LOVE the quilt pic and Steven's "Harry Potter" glasses. And I can't wait to be invited over to try the croissants...one of the many downfalls of moving to Highland is we miss out on treats from the Jensens. (and Dar used to have some fabulous treats as well.)
ReplyDelete