My Babies are Growing up too Fast

It's been bittersweet as this summer draws to a close.

My high school sophomore started school yesterday, a week ahead of everyone else because he's participating in a concurrent enrollment program at the university for the last three years of high school. He takes the bus to and from and is gone as long as his dad each day. I hope he enjoys the adventure.

My high school junior finally got her driver's license and has been taking small trips around town to get lots of easy practice. I thought only old parents had kids old enough to drive...

My baby starts kindergarten in two weeks. I know I'll enjoy the extra time alone to get stuff done, but I also know I'll MISS him terribly. He has been my best buddy for 4 years now. But, boy is he excited for school!

I remember how, when my kids were all little, parents with older kids used to tell me that it would only get busier and more complicated as they got older. It has gotten SO much easier in many ways, but life is definitely more complex and filled with scheduling and hustling to and fro. BUT, I love interacting with my kids as mutual friends now, instead of just as their caregiver. Life promises many more transitions and adventures to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Makes My Heart Happy

Longest Summer Ever

DOGS HATE ME!!