The REAL Prom Court

Isn't the prom court the group of girls who are the finalists for prom queen?  For the sake of this post, we'll just pretend it is our favorite girls, regardless of whether they'd been nominated or not.  Well, we held a remedial promenade today on our front steps to celebrate our neighbor being chosen as Prom Queen for the Seniors at prom last night.  (That was real, not part of our pretend scenario.)  We requested that the girls wear their dresses from the dance and we even had them escorted by various mostly-willing male family members in attendance.  Then, after we laughed and cheered, we stuffed ourselves with mini cheesecakes and brownies.  Too bad you couldn't be there.  Here's a court photo...
And here's the real thing last night before they left.  She is gorgeous!
And here's the real promenade last night.  I waited 60 minutes for this photo and then, despite me having it on indoor, low-light settings, it didn't work out.  I should have listened to that little voice in my head telling me to try it out on one of the other couples while I was waiting to make sure it would work.
And here's my date to the promenade.  I made her stop by to watch the vultures making their evening descent before heading to the dance.  She was delighted to find this souvenir vulture feather on the sidewalk. Just for the record, 3 out of 3 people surveyed so far said, "Gross!" instead of "Cool!" when she proudly showed them.

And here are the vultures, perched in the tree above my honeymoon castle.
OK.  And just one more shot of Sam looking gorgeous.
OK.  Maybe one more...this time in celebration of "May the 4th Be With You"...the day of this grand celebration.

Comments

  1. She (Sam) does look gorgeous! What a beautiful dress? And a very handsome date! Hope you had an amazing time.

    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam you look breathtaking! I hope you had so much fun! I am anxious to hear about it! Thanks for being such a good example to my girls!! Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lizzie, can I call you Macaroni? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Family Makes My Heart Happy

Longest Summer Ever

DOGS HATE ME!!