The Why of Motherhood

I was deep in thought last week over what motherhood means to me.  I worried that maybe I wasn't a worthy mother if I couldn't put my feelings about motherhood into eloquent, sugary words.  I feel blessed that I have never felt that I gave up on "life" to be a mother, because despite the fact that I would be great in the workforce, I always wanted to be a mother and knew it was the right thing for me.  Yet, I can't put a finger on "why" I do it, plugging along day after day with little thanks and encouragement.  This video touched my heart because it reminded me of all the important things that I do when I am available for my kids.  I especially liked the reminder that "life doesn't come with a manual...it comes with a mother."  So, if all I am able to do is be that "users' guide to life" for my kids, than I have succeeded in giving them a great start. And maybe, just maybe, they won't have to make the same mistakes that I do!

Defining Motherhood

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Family Makes My Heart Happy

Longest Summer Ever

DOGS HATE ME!!