We've Got it Good
Dillon just finished his soccer season, possibly his last as he doesn't want to play league soccer. I LOVE watching him play. He was the only kid on his team that preferred defense, so he played almost every minute of every game. He runs so fast that he almost always succeeded in catching up with and cutting off the offense. He even managed to score twice -- once as a defender looking for an open teammate and once as a midfielder. Here's a typical shot of him chasing someone down. (I realized this was a unique photo because of the 8 running feet pictured, only 1 is touching the ground!)
The other night, we watched the movie Won't Back Down, which was about an inner city single mom trying to fight for the best education for her dyslexic daughter. Maybe I connected with this mom because she was feisty and outspoken like me?
Whatever the case, it reminded me once again how grateful I am to live in a place where my kids get a great education with lots of educational opportunities. They are in a school environment where they are nurtured and challenged by teachers who care (mostly, anyway). It also affirmed my opinion that it is important to get involved...not just because YOUR child needs it, but because everyone's child needs it. And I went to bed grateful that teaching my child to read wasn't a battle I had to fight. Life is good.


Dillon really is a great defender. The photo is awesome, Lis! Truly an action shot!
ReplyDeleteM