Irish Eyes are Smiling
Our much awaited trip brought lots of smiles and even lots of sore muscles (and tailbones). Here are a few of my favorite moments:
Horseback riding through exquisite woods and along a beautiful beach
Driving around Valencia Island (despite the 8 foot wide two way roads)
Beautiful vistas everywhere you turned
Biking around the Dingle Peninsula
Can you think of a more picturesque place for a final resting pose?
Hiking Ireland's tallest peak, Carrauntoohil (pronounced "Karen Tool")...it was Lee's only wish.
Exploring (or climbing) castle ruins that we stumbled upon everywhere
Blarney castle...I've been told that I don't actually need the gift of gab. Is there a rock I can kiss that gives you the gift of "bite your tongue?"
Bright colors of Kinsale (and the best "pub grub" I had)
Dipping our soon-to-be numb toes in the ocean at sunset
Glendalough -- the most beautiful setting for a monastery. I found myself amazed at the cemeteries we walked through. Hundreds of years of history.
Going to church. The first week was in a branch with maybe 20 people (plus 15 visitors). This was in Dublin in a smallish ward with about 150 people in attendance.
Amazing churches. This was Christ Church Cathedral. Check out those flying buttresses. And the handsome guy crossing the street.
Horseback riding through exquisite woods and along a beautiful beach
Driving around Valencia Island (despite the 8 foot wide two way roads)
Beautiful vistas everywhere you turned
Biking around the Dingle Peninsula
Can you think of a more picturesque place for a final resting pose?
Hiking Ireland's tallest peak, Carrauntoohil (pronounced "Karen Tool")...it was Lee's only wish.
Exploring (or climbing) castle ruins that we stumbled upon everywhere
Blarney castle...I've been told that I don't actually need the gift of gab. Is there a rock I can kiss that gives you the gift of "bite your tongue?"
Bright colors of Kinsale (and the best "pub grub" I had)
Dipping our soon-to-be numb toes in the ocean at sunset
Glendalough -- the most beautiful setting for a monastery. I found myself amazed at the cemeteries we walked through. Hundreds of years of history.
Going to church. The first week was in a branch with maybe 20 people (plus 15 visitors). This was in Dublin in a smallish ward with about 150 people in attendance.
Amazing churches. This was Christ Church Cathedral. Check out those flying buttresses. And the handsome guy crossing the street.
I am so completely jealous of you right now! Glad you had a great time!!
ReplyDeleteGlad it was such a fun trip! I had meant to ask you how much you enjoyed RS sitting in the crowd instead of the front- and you got 2 whole weeks of it! Welcome back to regular life!
ReplyDeleteSo many wonderful places to see in this world. I am very glad you had a great time.
ReplyDelete