The Parting of the Grey Sea
Ok. Maybe it's a mostly dark brown sea with a lot of grey in it...
I have a cowlick on the back of my head that, if not properly fluffed, makes me look like I've been asleep all day. As a result, I use gel that makes my hair feel like a pincushion. And I have to remember to look at the BACK of my head to make sure that I really scrunched things into their proper places.
I am not a vain person, so my beauty rituals are fairly simple (or non-existent). Pretty much: wash hair, comb hair, put gel in hair, scrunch til volume is properly distributed.
Yesterday, I left the house for my errands and enjoyed driving with the window open. It was a gorgeous morning. The wind dried my hair and I checked in the mirror to make sure that nothing had dried sticking out funny. Then I went about my day, including stops all over town and a dinner and activity in the evening.
It wasn't until 9pm -- AFTER all of these events -- that I noticed that I had a major crater around my cowlick area. It was only visible if I turned my head just so. And it looked like I'd spent the day lounging in bed eating bon bons. I was probably one of those ladies -- ALL DAY -- that sit in front of you and their hair drives you crazy.
Thank you to all of you -- friend or foe -- that resisted the urge to reach over and repair the wind-blown crater on the back of my head. Though, just so you know, due to the rock hard nature of my hair gel, if you are annoyed with a crater that may develop in the future, you'll really need a spray bottle to get the job done right.
For self-esteem reasons, I have not posted a photo of this unfortunate condition.
I have a cowlick on the back of my head that, if not properly fluffed, makes me look like I've been asleep all day. As a result, I use gel that makes my hair feel like a pincushion. And I have to remember to look at the BACK of my head to make sure that I really scrunched things into their proper places.
I am not a vain person, so my beauty rituals are fairly simple (or non-existent). Pretty much: wash hair, comb hair, put gel in hair, scrunch til volume is properly distributed.
Yesterday, I left the house for my errands and enjoyed driving with the window open. It was a gorgeous morning. The wind dried my hair and I checked in the mirror to make sure that nothing had dried sticking out funny. Then I went about my day, including stops all over town and a dinner and activity in the evening.
It wasn't until 9pm -- AFTER all of these events -- that I noticed that I had a major crater around my cowlick area. It was only visible if I turned my head just so. And it looked like I'd spent the day lounging in bed eating bon bons. I was probably one of those ladies -- ALL DAY -- that sit in front of you and their hair drives you crazy.
Thank you to all of you -- friend or foe -- that resisted the urge to reach over and repair the wind-blown crater on the back of my head. Though, just so you know, due to the rock hard nature of my hair gel, if you are annoyed with a crater that may develop in the future, you'll really need a spray bottle to get the job done right.
For self-esteem reasons, I have not posted a photo of this unfortunate condition.
Rats. I missed it. I will, however, be on the watch from now on. :)
ReplyDelete