Most Likely To...
Sam graduated two days ago. She worked hard and we are excited for the adventures that come next. And if things go the same way for her that they did for me, I should start receiving apology notes and thank you cards from her in the next few months as she sets out on her own and starts appreciating all my flawed, yet well intended, efforts from the last 18 1/2 years.
Meanwhile, what should be her yearbook tribute? Sam is most likely to...
...hike 50 miles in a week?
...speak Spanish at dinner?
...paint a mural on her bedroom wall?
...fall asleep in the shower?
...spend too much time on an assignment?
...find a career that uses art, science, math, and music?
I don't know what hers should have been, but considering Lee's was "Most Likely to Drink Milk in a Bar" and mine was a pathetic "Most Scholarly," the possibilities for Sam are endless!
How about we say she is most likely to make her parents proud? Done.
At the senior awards night, Sam was recognized for being a National Merit Scholar Finalist and for graduating with a 4.0.
It's a good thing that I made Sam pose for pictures at our house, because we never had a photo-worthy moment with her cap and gown on after that. She felt like she was dressing up as an angel or that she should break out in song with her "choir robes" on.
What a fun surprise to park our car right next to where my nephew was directing traffic.
Sam -- newly graduated -- with her siblings.
Sam with her slightly possessed mom and totally cool dad.
Meanwhile, what should be her yearbook tribute? Sam is most likely to...
...hike 50 miles in a week?
...speak Spanish at dinner?
...paint a mural on her bedroom wall?
...fall asleep in the shower?
...spend too much time on an assignment?
...find a career that uses art, science, math, and music?
I don't know what hers should have been, but considering Lee's was "Most Likely to Drink Milk in a Bar" and mine was a pathetic "Most Scholarly," the possibilities for Sam are endless!
How about we say she is most likely to make her parents proud? Done.
At the senior awards night, Sam was recognized for being a National Merit Scholar Finalist and for graduating with a 4.0.
It's a good thing that I made Sam pose for pictures at our house, because we never had a photo-worthy moment with her cap and gown on after that. She felt like she was dressing up as an angel or that she should break out in song with her "choir robes" on.
What a fun surprise to park our car right next to where my nephew was directing traffic.
Sam -- newly graduated -- with her siblings.
Sam with her slightly possessed mom and totally cool dad.
Sam has done some truly amazing things. I think she is awesome! Way to go, Sam and congratulations!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I forgot to say it tonight when I saw you all!
ReplyDelete