Reasons to Smile
I have put off posting anything all week because I didn't feel like I had anything blog worthy (says the woman who posted a picture of a kidney bean last time). So, I decided I'd just write about all the reasons I've had to smile this week. It is good to remember that there were happy times when we feel overwhelmed with life!
1. My family got together last Saturday. Adults went to the temple together while the kids played at my house. If this kid isn't a poster child for why eternal families are a happy thing, then you must not have a melty heart like I do...
2. Lots of opportunities to reach out and help people. Hopefully it blesses their lives...because I'm tired!
3. A husband who will listen when his wife is having an emotional breakdown...all week long. Although, lest you think he's perfect, this was an actual conversation we had around 11pm earlier this week: Me- "I need you to talk to me." Him - "I need you to go to bed."
4. Opportunities to celebrate life and friendship.
5. Beautiful weather...sunny skies...magical clouds...gorgeous fall colors. This is my favorite time of year.
6. Loving, happy kids. I have grown to hate Halloween because of all the candy and commercialism, but I do like the opportunity to create and enjoy with my kids. I joked that this years' costumes came from the garbage, but the kids were delighted with how their costumes turned out, anyway!
HAPPY FALL!
1. My family got together last Saturday. Adults went to the temple together while the kids played at my house. If this kid isn't a poster child for why eternal families are a happy thing, then you must not have a melty heart like I do...
![]() |
| "Aunt Lisa, I'm eating my cream!" |
2. Lots of opportunities to reach out and help people. Hopefully it blesses their lives...because I'm tired!
3. A husband who will listen when his wife is having an emotional breakdown...all week long. Although, lest you think he's perfect, this was an actual conversation we had around 11pm earlier this week: Me- "I need you to talk to me." Him - "I need you to go to bed."
4. Opportunities to celebrate life and friendship.
5. Beautiful weather...sunny skies...magical clouds...gorgeous fall colors. This is my favorite time of year.
6. Loving, happy kids. I have grown to hate Halloween because of all the candy and commercialism, but I do like the opportunity to create and enjoy with my kids. I joked that this years' costumes came from the garbage, but the kids were delighted with how their costumes turned out, anyway!
![]() |
| Robot -- in case you need an explanation |
![]() |
| Having a daughter is truly a gift, right? |
HAPPY FALL!




Comments
Post a Comment