Taking Time to Appreciate Beautiful Things
We just got back from a weeklong trip to San Diego. We enjoyed visiting with family and spent a few days just wandering and soaking in the beautiful things there that we love. Dillon was really only in it for the waffles at the hotel breakfast buffet, Lizzie and Ian were happy as long as they got to play in the sand occasionally, and Lee was satiatied by 2 hours of sailing on Mission Bay...and lots of Mexican food.
Aside from the happiness I got from reconnecting with family that I love, I found much joy in spending more time than my family wanted me to spend just watching the world around me. I scanned the horizon for migrating grey whales until I couldn't take their complaining any longer. I couldn't get enough of the crashing waves among the sea lions and pelicans at La Jolla. And I LOVED watching the sunset from the beach on Coronado Island.
Life is good.
| I could have sat on this wall by the Point Loma lighthouse all day... |
| ...but the kids were getting really bored. |
| Lee felt I was over-reacting about him climbing down the cliff so close to the waves, so I felt vindicated in this "I told you so" moment that came a few minutes later. Poor Ian trusted him... |
I didn't see anything to show "poor Ian". Did I miss it? Gratefully, no one was washed out to see like that sad story in Hawaii. Wonderful photos.
ReplyDeleteWell, you couldn't really tell by the picture, but they were soaked because a wave crashed down on them.:)
ReplyDelete