A Week of Camps
I had the fun experience of being a cook at girls' camp this year. There were 5 of us there the entire week, cooking for 180ish people. We got up around 6am and were in the kitchen nearly the entire day until 7pm. We laughed and chopped and visited and sliced. We learned new tricks for cooking for large numbers and we celebrated when our estimates for how much food we'd need were just about right. The best part was that, unlike the other adult leaders, we didn't have to worry about all the other stress and emotional drama that come along with girls living in close quarters for a week.
When dinner was cleaned up, we visited, played games, did yoga, and learned Spanish. In our rare breaks in the middle of the day, we napped or read books or had adventures together. I was grateful for the chance to break away from my usual responsibilities and to be able to get to know such fun and interesting ladies.
Lizzie was at camp with me but didn't visit me much. I could be offended by that or I could be happy that she is secure with herself. On one of her visits to the kitchen, we gave her a tour of our sweet walk-in fridge.
Ian went to cub scout day camp while I was gone and then spent the rest of the week having adventures with my parents.
Dillon went camping with the older boys in our ward. They went to Steinaker Lake up by Dinosaur National Monument. One of their many adventures was working diligently on earning their junior ranger badge and then singing a song to the ranger at the visitor center to pass it off.
Today, Sam flew off to her summer internship. Now that the schedule is less packed, will things finally slow down??? Because my house really needs to be cleaned...
When dinner was cleaned up, we visited, played games, did yoga, and learned Spanish. In our rare breaks in the middle of the day, we napped or read books or had adventures together. I was grateful for the chance to break away from my usual responsibilities and to be able to get to know such fun and interesting ladies.
Lizzie was at camp with me but didn't visit me much. I could be offended by that or I could be happy that she is secure with herself. On one of her visits to the kitchen, we gave her a tour of our sweet walk-in fridge.
Ian went to cub scout day camp while I was gone and then spent the rest of the week having adventures with my parents.
Dillon went camping with the older boys in our ward. They went to Steinaker Lake up by Dinosaur National Monument. One of their many adventures was working diligently on earning their junior ranger badge and then singing a song to the ranger at the visitor center to pass it off.
Today, Sam flew off to her summer internship. Now that the schedule is less packed, will things finally slow down??? Because my house really needs to be cleaned...


Comments
Post a Comment