Mawwiage, that bwessed awwangement, that dweam within a dweam...
The clergyman in Princess Bride may have been difficult to understand, but he was right. Love can be a dream within a dream.
My husband doesn't believe in "Hallmark Holidays" because he thinks that we should be kind and show our love for each other EVERY day. Thus, we don't make a huge deal out of Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, and Father's Day at our house.
I started cleaning the bathrooms yesterday morning (Valentine's Day) before I headed to my yoga class. When I got back, I discovered that Lee had cleaned them -- not one but BOTH of the bathrooms -- before heading off to work. It totally made my day. I texted him to tell him thank you and to express my delight. Way better than flowers or chocolates.
At lunch with his co-workers, they were all comparing what they were doing for their wives for Valentine's Day and he said that he had cleaned the bathrooms for me. Instead of oohing and aahing because it was a totally selfless, wonderful thing for someone to do, do you want to know what one of them said? "That's sexist." Are you kidding me?! If my husband and I have divided our responsibilities and one of mine is to clean the bathrooms, then my husband doing that for me is NOT sexist!! It is just pure kindness. Oh how I wish people would just be kind and quit looking for reasons to label each other or feel slighted.
Lee was right. We SHOULD be showing that we love each other every day. He does a good job of that so he understands it. Others are still confused, so I guess they need a Hallmark Holiday to give them an excuse to show they care.
I count my blessings every day that I have been lucky enough to find "wove, twue wove." And I will do my best to "tweasure" it.
My husband doesn't believe in "Hallmark Holidays" because he thinks that we should be kind and show our love for each other EVERY day. Thus, we don't make a huge deal out of Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, and Father's Day at our house.
I started cleaning the bathrooms yesterday morning (Valentine's Day) before I headed to my yoga class. When I got back, I discovered that Lee had cleaned them -- not one but BOTH of the bathrooms -- before heading off to work. It totally made my day. I texted him to tell him thank you and to express my delight. Way better than flowers or chocolates.
At lunch with his co-workers, they were all comparing what they were doing for their wives for Valentine's Day and he said that he had cleaned the bathrooms for me. Instead of oohing and aahing because it was a totally selfless, wonderful thing for someone to do, do you want to know what one of them said? "That's sexist." Are you kidding me?! If my husband and I have divided our responsibilities and one of mine is to clean the bathrooms, then my husband doing that for me is NOT sexist!! It is just pure kindness. Oh how I wish people would just be kind and quit looking for reasons to label each other or feel slighted.
Lee was right. We SHOULD be showing that we love each other every day. He does a good job of that so he understands it. Others are still confused, so I guess they need a Hallmark Holiday to give them an excuse to show they care.
I count my blessings every day that I have been lucky enough to find "wove, twue wove." And I will do my best to "tweasure" it.

Comments
Post a Comment