Joy to the World...at least my little corner of it

I've been trying to chill out and enjoy the time I have to spend with my family for the past few months.  Even with much to be done, I did a pretty good job of taking advantage of the time we've had together.

First was a lovely weekend in LA for Thanksgiving
Redondo Beach the day before Thanksgiving
Ice cream at Salt and Straw
La Brea Tarpits on Thanksgiving Day
Riding bikes from Redondo Beach to Venice Beach the day after Thanksgiving
Then was having lots of adventures over Christmas break

Sam and I had a great time at the zoo together, just for fun

It was no sacrifice at all for Sam and I to chaperone the orchestra field trip to see the Nutcracker
Celebrating Sam's birthday

Talking to Dillon twice during the week of Christmas

Stalking Dillon's mission blog to find photos of him celebrating Christmas

Fun (and memories) with extended family

I can't get enough of my newest nephew.  I like to remind him that I'm his favorite, just in case he forgets.
I love visiting with Lee's family.  These are some fantastic cousins who gathered to celebrate his uncle's life.

Traditional Christmas Eve celebrations

The excitement of gift giving
Ian has declared many times in the last few weeks that he doesn't like riding bikes.  I hoped it was just because he hated his bike.  Fortunately, I guessed right.  He loved the new (used) bike we got for him and declared it to be great.

Lee had me convinced that it was a stupid idea to buy a suitcase for Lizzie since she hadn't specifically asked for one, but her reaction told me I was spot on with my feeling that she would think it was AWESOME
This photo captures both the fact that Mckay was thrilled with the awesome job I did on repairing the zipper on his favorite backpack AND the fantastic gift Lizzie gave of a super soft plush blanket that looks exactly like a tortilla.

And many hours playing games

There has been much joy and laughter.  Even tears...but that was mostly during Star Wars.  I found it deeply moving.  Don't mock.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Makes My Heart Happy

Longest Summer Ever

DOGS HATE ME!!