Sometimes You Have to Run Away Just to Break up the Monotony

When I was an angsty teenager so many years ago, I ran away from home.  I jumped on my bike and rode angrily away from my family and my house and I cried alone, sure that someone would eventually miss me and come searching for me.  They never did.  I eventually returned and no one had noticed I was ever gone.  Oh well.

Having spent so much time at home this year, we sort of threw a tantrum about being there and decided we needed to run away.  So, for Fall Break and Thanksgiving Break, we escaped.  The only requirements were that there needed to be a pool at our hotel and outdoor opportunities for us to enjoy.  Just like my teenage escape, it's likely that no one noticed we were gone, but we came back with a new commitment to make home a better place.

Fall Break took us to Park City, Utah.  We rode bikes, explored local trails, played lots of games in our hotel room, watched lots of movies, ordered take out, and swam in the chilly outdoor pool.






Thanksgiving took us to Hurricane, Utah, where two solid days of howling winds helped us appreciate the city's name.  We rode bikes, hiked, explored red rock canyons, ate take-out, played games, watched tv, and swam in the pool.






Both trips were similarly simple.  But both helped us return home with a fresh perspective and readiness to work with new enthusiasm.  Life is good just where we are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Makes My Heart Happy

Longest Summer Ever

DOGS HATE ME!!